Ways to convert PDF to Microsoft Word document
PDF files are often used when distributing documents so that they are seen the same by all parties. Because they are designed this way, they can be quite difficult to modify. You may want docx to PDF converter so that you can make edits to your text more easily.
Converting a PDF to a Word document using Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC
Adobe Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC both provide an easy way to convert PDF files to Word documents. The bad news is, it’s not free.
Acrobat DC Full has a Standard version (Windows only) that runs at $ 12.99 per month and a Professional version (Windows and Mac) that runs at $ 14.99 per month. And both require an annual commitment. Pretty overkill if all you need to do is convert PDF to Word every now and then. But if you already have Acrobat DC, you should use this option to convert your PDF files.
Acrobat Reader DC, on the other hand, is free, but you’ll have to pay a fee of $ 1.99 per month if you want it to be able to convert PDFs to other formats, like Word. If this is something you have to do on a regular basis, this fee is probably worth it as using Acrobat is the most reliable way to turn your PDF files into Word documents as it tends to maintain formatting. quite well.
We’ll take a look at using the full Acrobat DC to do the conversion in our example here. If you are using Acrobat Reader DC, the process is pretty much the same. You just won’t have that many formats you can convert to. Both do support Word, however.
1. First, open the PDF in Acrobat. On the right side of the window, click on the “Export PDF” command.
2. Then select the “Microsoft Word” option on the left. On the right, selecting “Word Document” converts the PDF to a modern Word document in DOCX format. Selecting “Word 97-2003 Document” converts the PDF to the old DOC format.
3. When you have made your choice, click on the “Export” button.
4. On the next screen, choose where you want to save your new Word document.
5. Type a name for the document, then click the “Save” button.
6. Your PDF is now saved as a Word document, so open it in Word and proceed to editing.
Convert PDF to Word Document Using Microsoft Word
You can also convert your PDF to a Word document using only Microsoft Word. Converting in Word often results in styling and formatting issues, so it is not always the most reliable method. However, it certainly works well enough for simple documents or when you just need to put things into an editable format.
1. Click “File” on the Word ribbon.
2. In the sidebar that opens, click on the “Open” button.
3. On the Open page, navigate to where your PDF is stored (this PC, OneDrive, whatever).
4. Find and select your PDF, then click the “Open” button.
5. A warning appears, stating that your new document may lose some of the formatting it had in PDF. Do not worry. Your original PDF will remain intact; it just lets you know that the new Word document you create from PDF may not look exactly the same. Click on the “OK” button.
6. Word converts the PDF and immediately opens your new Word document.
Convert PDF to Word Document Using Google Docs
Google Docs provides another safe and reliable way to convert your PDF to Word document. This is a two-step process where you first convert the file to a Google Docs document and then convert it to a Word document. So you’ll likely lose some formatting along the way. If you have Word, it’s really best to just do it in Word. But this method can be useful if you don’t have Word, but need to convert a PDF to a Word document that you plan to send to someone else.
1. Open your Google Drive, then click on the “New” button.
2. Click on the “File Download” option.
3. Locate your PDF file, then click the “Open” button.
4. Your new file will now appear in your Google Drive.
5. Next, right click on your file in Google Drive, click on the “Open With” menu, then on the “Google Docs” option.
6. Your file is now open as a Google Doc document.
7. Now click on the “File” menu.
8. Click the “Download As” menu, then click the “Word Document (.docx)” option.
9. Your Google Docs file will be converted to Word format and downloaded to your local PC as a Word document.